"Thank God I'm a Country Boy" John Denver

 "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" 

John Denver


Image result for thank god im a country boy



This is one of my favorite songs of all time. My dad is obsessed with this music and will still to this day will always play tunes by John Denver. Everyday after school when I was in kindergarten I would run to my Red Ford where my dad would pick me up at the edge of the parking lot. I would put on my seatbelt and we would drive the long drive back up the canyon (about 30 minutes away from school). We would listen to a CD that had all of my dads favorite songs on it. About 17 minutes into the car ride this song would come on. When I herd it I would shout with glee and slap my hands, thighs to the beat and shout the words with my dad. By the end of the song my hands would be bright red and my voice hoarse. This song was one of the only songs I knew growing up and I still cherish and love this memory. It will always represent the bond me and my dad have. I still try to listen to this song once and a while on car rides reminiscing in my past childhood.

Comments

  1. I love the story that you shared about this song! It really made me love this song too! I love it when songs can bring back a memory or make you feel something! I also enjoyed the imagery that you told the story with! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are in similar situations, I definitely grew up listening to John Denver and other country music! Loved all of his music and always will! I find it crazy that you memorized how long into the trip that the song would come on, and your reaction is definitely priceless to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the way your post is set up! It looks really cool! I also love the memory you have with this song, it's so wholesome! Also congrats to your brain for remembering that much detail.My mom loved John Denver, and would play them sometimes but not enough for me to remember them lol. But it was a wonderful blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment