"The Sun Didn't Shine"

 "The Sun Didn't Shine"  

Golden Gate Quartet

Image result for "The Sun Didn't Shine" Golden Gate Quarte

This song above ("The Sun Didn't shine") was released in 1991and still can be heard today. The reason that I picked this song for my blog post this week is because of the unique sound it has to it. This song is super up beat and fast! It makes you want to jump up and down and do a little dance! This song along with its groovy sounds also talks about Jesus and sounds a bit like church music. In Utah there isn't a wide range of religion and in fact the majority of religion in Utah is from the LDS church. None of there songs have ever sounded this groovy while still taking about our amazing creator. I know in other religions around the world people will sing along, stand, clap, and cheer when sounds in church are played. This is a song that reminds me of those types of churches outside of Utah. I started to wonder where they were from and what was there background! I did a bit more research and I found that they all sang together in church's and gatherings! They were speeding life and joy. 

Comments

  1. I think it was awesome what you said about the music being interesting as it related back to church music. I grew up in Syracuse, Utah and so I totally can relate with the church music being very traditional and maybe even just being used to it. But I love to find new music that you can dance to and worship at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment